Thursday, September 29, 2022
US Daily News Onlne


US gas imports marked their highest in March as data

Gas imports from the United States, which remained Spain’s main supplier in March, accounted for 43.3% of total imported gas,…

By admin , in news , at May 9, 2022



Gas imports from the United States, which remained Spain’s main supplier in March, accounted for 43.3% of total imported gas, recorded its highest that month as data (2004), while AlgeriaDespite a decrease of 30.2% year-on-year, the maximum was recorded in 2022.

The Natural Gas Import and Export data from Strategic Reserves Corporation for the month of March confirms, as Anagas Statistical Bulletinwhat Russia In the third month of the year, it was Spain’s third gas supplier, accounting for 8.7% of the total.

Russia overtook in March Nigeria, While the United States continued to overtake Algeria – which until a few months ago was Spain’s main supplier – and its imports almost quintupled in March (391.7%) from a year earlier.

Despite an increase in Russian gas imports in March compared to the same month last year, which was 1.5%, the country still ranks fourth in the first quarter of 2022, accounting for 6.73% of total imported gas.

Gas imports from the United States continue to grow and in March they increased by 391.7% to 16,264 GWh (the maximum for this country since the data existed), compared to a year earlier and in the quarter they were five times ( 462.3%) compared to same period in 2021.

In the first three months of 2022, gas imports from the United States represented 37% of the total and 43.3% in March.

Algerian imports continue to decline

Algerian imports continue to decline, up 30.2% in March, up 11,138 GWh (their maximum in 2022 this year), and 35.4% in the quarter.

in March, imported gas fell by gas pipeline from Algeria 37.5% compared to a year ago, while approx. Three times (198%) came as Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), namely by ship,

However, in the first quarter of 2022, both gas imported by pipeline (32.9%) from Algeria and supplied as LNG (62%) fell compared to the first three months of the previous year.

Algerian gas represented 29.6% of the total in March and 26.08% in the first quarter.

NigeriaAlthough overtook Russia in March, Spain remains the third gas supplier, accounting for 13.94% of total imported gas in March.

In March, imports from this African country fell 37.2% compared to the same month a year earlier and represented 7.7% of everything Spain imported in March.

In the first quarter, its imports increased by 54.4% compared to the same period a year ago and represented 13.94% of all gas imported to Spain in the first three months of the year.

In the month of March, with no imports from the Middle East, net imports of natural gas stood at 34,737 gigawatt hours (GWh), up 12.2% over the same month of 2021; While the gross was 37,582 GWh, 15.6% higher.

data from Corner Focus on increase in gas imports as LNGWhich increased by 75.2% in March, which is 76.5% of the total net imports, as compared to March 2021, there is a decline of 48.3% carried by the gas pipeline.

In terms of gross imports, 71% was imported as LNG and the remaining 29% through gas pipelines.

Highest imports in the first quarter since 2008

Natural gas imports from Spain reached 113,306 GWh in the first quarter, the highest in the first quarter since 2008.

As far as exports from Spain are concerned, these grew by 82.5% in March 2021 over the same month and reached 2,845 GWh.

96.2% of the total was exported by the gas pipeline and the remaining 3.8% was exported as LNG.

France It continued as the main destination for exports with 2,635 GWh (92.6% of the total), the second largest since the data was available.

In the first quarter, natural gas exports stood at 10,275 GWh, the highest in the first quarter since 2014.