The real estate market is experiencing a real Boom, Home sales reach total in the month of February 53,623 Operations, 24% more than the corresponding month of the previous year. These figures did not reach since April 2008Shortly before the bubble burst and the market collapsed, it did not stabilize until 2015.
In the first two months of 2022, as recently published by the National Institute of Statistics (INE), there was a pay raise in respect of the corresponding period of 2021 a total 27,4%, Andalusia It is an autonomous community with the highest number of real estate transactions with a total of 10,978 operations. This community is followed by the Valencian Community, with 7,987 operations, Catalonia, with 7,934, and Madrid, with 7,610.
The bullish trend in the real estate market is not new. started shortly after he got up lockdown It decided to control the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020 and has not experienced major setbacks since then.
Various experts attributed this increase in home sales to three main reasons:
- Required after imprisonment to seek a better home, With a terrace or garden, and larger, either as a first or second house.
- being saved Acquired by the Spaniards who did not lose their jobs during the imprisonment.
- loss Rate of interestWhich remained low during 2021.
But there are other factors that are influencing this new Boom Of home:
- And Increase in stock of used housing This was achieved by a large reduction (16.7%) in sales in 2020.
- Arrival in the market of properties from heritage,
“If the war lasts a short time, Interest rates not more than 1% In the second quarter and Europe continues to buy gas from Russia, 2022 will be a great year for the real estate sector”, he said on April 5. Gonzalo BernardoAnalyst, real estate consultant and professor of economics at the University of Barcelona, on the presentation of the 2021-22 market report of the real estate company Engel & Volkers.
The boom in housing sales: why is this happening?