Mexico. – On this day, a dry line coavilla In interaction with a low pressure channel in northern Mexico and high levels of atmospheric instability, they will cause precipitation and heavy rain at timesLightning tremors and possible hailstorm in North and North East regions of the country.
Also, in conjunction with the subtropical jet stream, they would cause strong gusts of wind Dust storm likely in the northwest and north of the national territory. A second channel of low pressure in the center and southeast of Mexico and the entry of moisture from the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea will bring rain in these areas in addition to heavy rain in Chiapas.
An anticyclonic system in the middle levels of the atmosphere will sustain a heat wave over the Mexican Republic with temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius in at least 21 units of the country.
Read more: Mother of missing migrants in Mexico calls for justice
Rain forecast for today May 9, 2022:
- Rainfall intervals (25 to 50 mm) with intense punctual rainfall: Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí and Chiapas.
- Rainfall interval (5 to 25 mm): Chihuahua, Zacatecas, Coahuila, Guanajuato, Queretaro, Hidalgo, Mexico State, Mexico City and Oaxaca.
- Isolated rainfall (0.1 to 5 mm): Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, Durango, Aguascalientes, Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guerrero, Morelos, Tlaxcala, Puebla, Veracruz, Tabasco and Quintana Roo.
- The rain will be accompanied by electric shocks, strong winds and hail of various sizes.
Forecast of minimum temperatures for today, May 9, 2022:
- Minimum temperature -5 to 0 °C: Baja California, Chihuahua and Durango.
- Minimum temperature 0 to 5 °C: Sonora.
- Frosts: Baja California, Chihuahua and Durango.
Forecast of maximum temperature for today 09 May 2022:
- Maximum temperature 40 to 45 °C: Sonora (South), Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Zacatecas (South), Durango, Sinaloa, Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guerrero, Morelos, Puebla (North), Veracruz, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco, Campeche and Yucatán.
- Maximum temperature 35 to 40 °C: Baja California Sur, Colima, Guanajuato, Queretaro (North), Hidalgo (North), State of Mexico (Southwest) and Quintana Roo.
- Maximum temperature 30 to 35 °C: Baja California, Aguascalientes, Mexico City and Tlaxcala.
Read more: They will lower the water pressure in Monterrey
Wind forecast for today 9 May 2022:
- Winds and dust storms at 60 to 70 km/h: Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.
- Winds with gusts of 60 to 70 km/h: Durango, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Jalisco (North) and Guanajuato.
- Wind gusts from 40 to 60 km/h: Baja California, Queretaro, Hidalgo, State of Mexico, Puebla, Veracruz, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán, Isthmus and Gulf of Tehuantepec.