BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) – American Idol winner and Louisiana native Laine Hardy was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Jail on Friday on a cost of intercepting communications.
Hardy turned himself in to the LSU Police Division after a warrant was issued Thursday, WAFB reported.
“Hardy was arrested by LSU Police as we speak and booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Jail for violation of 15:1303 – Interception and Disclosure of Wire, Digital, or Oral Communication,” stated LSU spokesman Ernie Ballard.
In accordance with the arrest warrant, a girl and her roommate discovered a recording system inside their dorm room at Azalea Corridor on the LSU campus on April 6. The next day, they reported the discovering to police.
She advised police she discovered the recording system, which resembled a telephone charger, underneath her futon, the warrant acknowledged.
The lady stated she had been in a previous relationship with Hardy. Police stated they discovered proof of secret recordings revamped 10 completely different days in February of this yr, the warrant acknowledged.
He stated in a Fb put up Thursday night that he acquired a warrant on account of allegations made in opposition to him, and he’s cooperating with LSU police.
“I perceive that my profession has thrust me into the general public highlight, and I embrace that wholeheartedly as my whole world belongs to my music and my followers,” he acknowledged. “Nonetheless, because of the delicate nature of this allegation, I humbly ask for privateness right now. I’ve the utmost respect for the legislation and can help of their investigation as wanted transferring ahead.”
BATON ROUGE, La. (WVLA) – “American Idol” winner Laine Hardy has been arrested amid allegations that he positioned a “bug” in an ex-girlfriend’s dorm room at Louisiana State College.
Hardy was booked into jail on Friday, and charged with interception and disclosure of wire, digital, or oral communication, in accordance with the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Workplace.
In accordance with an affidavit offered by the sheriff’s workplace, the alleged sufferer and her roommate have been watching a film of their dorm room on April 6 once they discovered “a tool showing to be a telephone charger” underneath the sufferer’s mattress. She advised officers she researched the system and decided it was used for audio recording, per the affidavit.
‘American Idol’ winner Laine Hardy points assertion on ‘delicate’ allegation
She additionally suspected Hardy, her ex-boyfriend, had positioned the system in her room, telling police she had beforehand “discovered a pretend Instagram account on the Defendant’s telephone” in February, and claimed he “used to cowl up that he was illegally recording her when he was not round,” in accordance with the affidavit.
Hardy additionally allegedly knew of the sufferer’s actions throughout Christmas break, which the sufferer had not disclosed to the “American Idol” winner.
On the time, the sufferer says she confronted Hardy, who confessed to inserting a “bug” in her room earlier than eradicating it. The alleged sufferer additionally offered a screenshot of a Snapchat message the place Hardy once more confessed to leaving the “bug” in her room.
The sufferer and Hardy had began courting in Nov. 2021, however broke up after the incident in February, she advised police.
- The system discovered on April 6 was turned over the police at Louisiana State College, who proceeded collect proof. Among the recordings captured “very candid conversations” between the sufferer and her roommates, in accordance with an investigator who reviewed the audio. There have been additionally indications that the suspect picked up the recorder from the sufferer’s dorm room and returned it on a special event, the affidavit says.
- On one of many last recordings, the investigator heard the sufferer “telling somebody about how she discovered the Defendant was recording her and that she doesn’t know if the ‘bug continues to be in her room.’”
- Legal professionals in ‘Rust’ capturing say sheriff made false assertion
Previous to his arrest on Friday, Hardy had launched a press release on social media wherein he admitted to realizing of “delicate” allegations in opposition to him, saying he can be cooperating with police.
- “I perceive that my profession has thrust me into the general public highlight, and I embrace that wholeheartedly as my whole world belongs to my music and my followers,” he wrote, partially. “Nonetheless, because of the delicate nature of this allegation, I humbly ask for privateness right now. I’ve the utmost respect for the legislation and can help of their investigation as wanted transferring ahead.”
- Laine Hardy’s lawyer, C. Frank Holthaus, issued a press release following Hardy’s arrest on Friday, reiterating that Hardy is cooperating.
- “I can verify that Mr. Hardy did obtain a warrant for his arrest earlier as we speak and has been and can proceed to be fully cooperative with the Baton Rouge Police Division on this matter,” Holthaus stated. “Because of the public nature of Mr. Hardy’s occupation, we ask for privateness right now.”
More Latest News:
News about American Idol, Laine Hardy
- New York Post
‘American Idol’ Laine Hardy arrested, jailed for spying on ex-girlfriend
Country crooner Laine Hardy, 21, confirmed Thursday that he was under criminal investigation by the LSU Police Department,…
.23 hours ago
- USA Today
‘American Idol’ winner Laine Hardy arrested, accused of bugging ex-girlfriend’s room
“American Idol” Season 17 winner Laine Hardy was arrested Friday by the Louisiana State University Police Department after the singer was…
.19 hours ago
- Republic World
‘American Idol’ 2019 winner Laine Hardy arrested for bugging ex-girlfriend’s room: Report
Laine Hardy was recently taken into police custody for planting a listening device in his ex-girlfriend’s dorm room.
.7 hours ago
Why was Laine Hardy arrested? Charges explored as former American Idol winner held on eavesdropping grounds
On Friday, April 29, former American Idol winner Laine Hardy was arrested by Louisiana State University for allegedly spying on a female…
.8 hours ago
- USA Today
‘American Idol’ winner Laine Hardy arrested by Louisiana State University police
Former “American Idol” winner Laine Hardy was arrested for planting a recording device in his ex-girlfriend’s dorm room.
.15 hours ago
American Idol winner Laine Hardy arrested for planting listening device in ex-girlfriend’s dorm
Singer Laine Hardy, winner of American Idol season 17, was taken into custody on Friday and charged for planting a listening device in his…
.3 hours ago
Laine Hardy announces that he is being investigated by LSUPD
Laine Hardy is in trouble with the law. The “American Idol” winner has decided to announce to all his fans that the Louisiana State…
.18 hours ago
- ABC News
‘Idol’ winner Laine Hardy accused of bugging ex’s dorm room
American Idol” winner Laine Hardy has been arrested after being accused of putting a listening device in his ex-girlfriend’s college dorm…
.19 hours ago
- Daily Mail
Idol winner Laine Hardy arrested for ‘planting LISTENING DEVICE in female LSU student’s room’
American Idol winner Laine Hardy turned himself in to Louisiana State University police on Friday after a warrant was issued against him…
.22 hours ago
- Rolling Stone
‘American Idol’ Winner Laine Hardy Arrested: Allegedly Secretly Recorded Ex-Girlfriend
American Idol season 17 winner Laine Hardy was arrested Friday in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on charges of illegally intercepting…
.19 hours ago