Mexico.- One of the biggest problems with mental illnesses present in Mexico is the invisibility in which they often occur, especially when there are people presenting them. children and teenagers,
This condition means that babies and teens who need treatment to live with their mental condition do not receive it. Medical and medical aid what do you need.
How to know if your 3 to 17 year old child is suffering from mental illness?
First of all you should know that mental health disorders in minorsTypically, defined as a delay or interruption in the development of thoughts, social skills, behavior, or regulation of emotions appropriate to their young age. Mental illnesses in infants and adolescents disturb their ability to function in normal contexts such as home or school.
Read more: Five tips by doctor to reduce belly fat without much effort
It should be noted that, in childhood and adolescence, The most common mental disorders areAnxiety disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia and vigorexia), depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and schizophrenia.
Below we list some of the signs that may indicate that your child or a minor is suffering from some type of mental illness:
- lasting sadness for two or more weeks
- outbursts or extreme irritability
- withdrawing from social activities
- drastic changes in mood, personality, or behavior
- change in your eating habits
- talking about hurting yourself or doing so
- difficulty sleeping
- change in school performance
- weight loss
- frequent headaches or stomachaches
- moving forward without focus
- They show no interest in playing with other children or have trouble making friends
- little energy
- express thoughts about taking your own life
Read more: Educate children in feminism, Aleida Hernandez recommends in book dedicated to her son
If you detect any of the symptoms mentioned above in any of your children, it is best to go to the doctor and get the relevant tests done. If it turns out that a mental illness can be treated, it is best to go to a professional in that field, ie psychologistwho, if necessary, can channel pediatrician or psychiatristDepends on the case.