The National Commission for the Protection and Defense of Users of Financial Services (Condusef), via a press release, reported on the alleged identity theft of 20 financial institutions duly constituted and registered in System of Registration of Providers of Financial Services (SIPRES).
Currently, the crimes of impersonation or identity theft have become more common than one, however, it is not a problem that only affects people, but institutions can be affected as well. frequent victims of these crimes,
According to information received from Condusef, between the two Month of January and February 2022Fraudulent offenses were reported for impersonating the commercial name at least 20 financial institutionsIn view of the situation, the Commission recommended that users know the names of false institutions:
You may be interested in: AMLO meets with BlackRock President Larry Fink to discuss self-supply issues
- cap fin
- smart lending
- support your progress
- Code Financial Group
- Structure, Direction and Integration
- Financial boost for your family
- actual plan credit
- financial development
- financial union mexico
- groupo safe
- PJ Financial Co
- elite karsto
- financial help
With the aim of avoiding more cases of fraud, Condusef shared a series of recommendations to let users know modus operandi of fake companies who stole the identities of authorized financial institutions.
You must take into account that the victims are Contacted via phone or social networks, These offer instant credit with very low requirements and small monthly payments. These so called companies use the information as
- business name.
- Corporate images of authorized and registered financial institutions.
The most important thing to avoid falling into fraud is that Your Personal Details, Scammers Will Usually Ask People share information via whatsappThis is something that no official institution will request, so if it is, it is a sign that something is wrong.
these criminals always Ask for a cash advance or deposit/transferIn a bank account, it is assumed that supposedly pay advance monthly payments or expenses to open credit.
It should be noted that established financial institutions will never ask you to make these deposits, so you should bear in mind that when victims make these deposits, they will not.Or they get the credit and the promoters never contact you again,
You may be interested in: General Motors and the new union in Silao reach an economic agreement for wage increases
Follow these recommendations to avoid data theft:
- Never share or publish your password or PIN through any digital platform. Also do not repeat the password.
- Use antivirus on your computer and develop complex passwords that have nothing to do with your personal data.
- Always verify the identity of the person requesting personal data over the phone, in person or online to avoid fraud.
- Eliminate messages asking for personal or financial information and do not open links that seem suspicious.
- It executes transactions in a secure manner, so it is important not to use public computers to conduct operations or make purchases over the Internet.
Condusef Alerts Financiers to Identity Theft