As a general rule, as stated in Article 163 of the General Social Security Law, pensions “shall be incompatible with each other when they coincide in the same beneficiary, unless expressly otherwise, by law.” or is not provided for by regulation”. This exception that has been considered relates to, for example, Retirement and Widow Pension,
widow pension It is compatible with the beneficiary’s any work income and retirement pension or permanent disability. In this way the same person can get his retirement pension and corresponding widow pension. Of course, being able to assemble the two requires meeting a series of requirements.
Requirements for taking retirement pension
To receive a retirement pension in Spain, the following conditions must be met:
- be associated with social Security In any scheme which is more up to date with the payment of quota.
- Take Minimum age 66 years and two months As long as the worker has contributed for less than 37 years and six months. In the event that the worker has contributed for this period or more, he can retire at the age of 65 years.
- Take Minimum contribution period of 15 years, At least two years of contributions must be included within the first 15 years from the time the rights arise.
Requirements for getting Widow Pension
next to retirement contributory pensionContributory Widowhood Pensions are the pensions which are paid the most in our country.
The requirements to qualify for Widow Pension are as follows:
- Whenever the death is caused by a common disease, the deceased must have at least 500 quoted days within the five years before his death.
- In case of a common illness detected before marriage, the partner of the deceased has to prove that the existence of children equallyThat the cohabitation took place at least two years before the death or that the marriage took place one year before that.
- spouse had to be real couple At least two years before death and five years or more of stable coexistence or survival of children equally.
- in the matter of divorced or separated people Judicially, the former has the right to take widow’s pension if he was receiving compensatory pension before death.
- It is also possible to get widow’s pension if the separation took place before January 1, 2008, less than 10 years have elapsed between separation and death, they have identical children or the former age is more than 50 years.
- From January 1, 2013, divorced or divorced are also entitled to this pension if the former is more than 65 years of age, they do not get the second pension and the marriage has lasted for more than 15 years.
- people victims of gender violence At the time of legal separation or divorce they need not receive compensatory pension to get widow pension.
Collect both pensions together
Anyone who receives these two contributory pensions should know that they will never get more than the maximum amount of pension, which is in 2022. 2,819.18 Euro per month,
With respect to the amount to be received, as explained from social SecurityThe amount is calculated by applying a percentage of 52% on the relevant regulatory basis, in general, it varies depending on the work status of the deceased on the date of death and the cause that determined the death.